Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Favorite Landscapes

I was updating my Flickr photostream with past photos that I have randomly in my iPhoto library. Here are a few of my favorite landscapes and the stories behind them.


Image © Melissa Berg
This shot was taken on November 24, 2006 in Washington DC with my Canon PowerShot SD300. This was my first trip to my then boyfriend, now husbands' parents house who live in Northern VA. We went to DC to see the sights and right before we left as the sun was setting I spotted these weeping willows on the lake and it was just gorgeous. Pretty good photo IMO for a point and shoot camera! I just love how dramatic the light is.


Image © Melissa Berg
This was one of my VERY first photos with my Canon EOS 450D (Rebel XSi) when I got it back in December of 2008. I was in Oklahoma City visiting my brother, his wife and my new nephew and we went to the Myriad Botanical Gardens so I could get some practice with my new camera (using strict auto mode of course!) ;) I love that I was able to capture this night shot (without a tripod) with the lights reflecting in the water and I think the colors are just beautiful.


Image © Melissa Berg
Taken on March 2nd, 2009 from our old Raleigh apartment window taken with my Canon Rebel XSi (auto mode). I love this photo because this is one of the rare snow days that we ever really experienced in that apartment. We definitely miss this view. This shot was taken through the screen of our window but I actually really like the effect it gives the photo. The sun setting in the background is such a great contrast in the still of the snow.

Since I've started shooting in manual, I haven't had the opportunity to shoot a landscape but I hope to do another night shot with my new trip soon. I have this urge to get a shot of downtown Raleigh at night...not sure why?

No comments:

Post a Comment