Saturday, October 24, 2009

NC State Fair 2009








Well unfortunately (or fortunately, he would have been bored) my husband did not want to go to the fair this year...he's never been. So my friend Renee, who is also into photography, went with me and we spent the entire night just shooting the fair. No food, no rides, no 8 legged spider woman (haha)...just us and our tripods and good walking sneakers.

We did meet up with a few people from the Raleigh Outdoor Photography Group that we both belong to, but it's hard when you have a pack of people with tripods (and lots of awkward stares as if we were odder than anyone else there!) lol. I learned a lot that night as far as shooting at night, which is something I've wanted to get some practice with. I had a blast using long exposures and getting those really cool ride shots with the lights. Unfortunately the big ferris wheel was a little disappointing (lights malfunctioning?) but I found a bunch of other rides that completely blew it away. I would have blogged about this earlier, but after walking around the fair for 4 hours, I fell asleep on the couch as soon as I got home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment