Sunday, November 15, 2009

The equipment bug has bitten...and then some

Can't. Stop. Buying!!!

I realize that having all the equipment in the world, doesn't make you a better photographer. But I promised myself this is the LAST purchase until the new year. I need to start focusing on my business plan, website and marketing materials so that I can adopt great business practices. Which, right now, is a little more important and filling up my plate. I need to build a ground to stand on before I go all nuts buying every new toy and gadget. (Which quite honestly is being funded by my day job since I am offering such great rates to build my portfolio!) :)

I think the excitement stems from my first wedding being in the works!!! Yes, you heard me right. I have four months to get my butt into shape for it, and I'm SUPER excited! I hadn't planned on doing weddings quite this soon, but my client, and personal friend, buttered me up real good with a very sweet email. Hey, what can I say? I'm easy. ;)

Oh and what did I buy? A Canon EF-S 55-250mm lens which I DEFINITELY had on my wish list! I whipped it out for a little while during Wendy + Tom's engagement shoot and fell in love with it!

Getting real excited for Caleb's 9 month portraits today! In another announcement, due to daylight savings' swift change of heart, all sessions will start a 3pm. If you have already booked with me, you will be getting an email with the change in time. It's amazing what two weeks can do to the sunset!!

No comments:

Post a Comment