Sunday, November 8, 2009

Off Camera Flash

I like to call this dabbling in OCF since I did it in less than 10 minutes, terrorizing my cats (or more so they were interested in the strobe) for quick practice since I got my new triggers, what a month ago?!?! Well insomnia did it for me, and I decided to finally break my triggers out of their box from China and scrounge batteries out of every remote control and back of every drawer in the house. I was just happy I have a working flash setup (minus the light stand and umbrella...lol) but it's a start to practice with! I'll be the first to admit I had no idea what I was doing, mostly trial and error with my camera settings since its not TTL compatible. For my first few shots, I think they are ok.




The light is really harsh because I had to hold it at an arms distance and I haven't mastered my ancient Nikon Speedlight from the 80s (I had to download the manual from the internet). I also practiced a little back lighting on Cooper while he went to town on Whisker City. ;) This was more of a working setup practice. I press the shutter button and OH MY the flash actually goes off. haha. Very exciting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment