Friday, November 13, 2009

New Gear!

Realizing for a long time now, the limitations of my kit lens (18-55mm), I went ahead and purchased another lens that isn't on my wish list-but something I was keeping my eye on as a "transition" lens. I just bought a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II. The lens is only about $100 (yes, that's cheap in the world of lenses!) but I could use a decent portrait lens that gives me the 1.8 aperture that my kit lens is lacking. I'll look at this as a baby step into buying an army of equipment that could cost as much as a down payment on a house (ok, maybe I won't go that crazy!) It will arrive in time for Thanksgiving where I plan on testing it out on my family. We are gathering in Florida at my mom's house the weekend before Thanksgiving to accommodate my unforgiving holiday work schedule (hospitals never close you know!). ;)

More particularly, I'm looking forward to photographing my adorable growing nephew, Cayden, who I haven't seen since the wedding. I'm sure he's grown so much and I already have pressure from all sides of my family to take a bazillion portraits of him while I'm there. I can't wait to see how much the little guy has grown...and for the life of me I will get him to say my name!!! My brother and his family live in Oklahoma City, so visits are usually once or twice a year if we're lucky. The last time I visited OKC, I had just purchased my DSLR and I can't wait to take my new found knowledge and capture some really great moments of my own family. That, I am definitely thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment